Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'm appearing at the Black Age of Comics Convention



I'll be making my first ever appearance at The 6th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention (ECBACC) on Friday, May 18 and Saturday, May 19, 2007, on Temple University's Main Campus in Philadelphia. In addition to being the home of the Glyph Awards, this convention has already become the creative and cultural center of the Black Comics movement.

Here's what the flier says.:

*Meet and network with comic book publishers, writers and artists.
*Find rare and unique comic books, Kid's Corner, professional workshops, lectures, marketplace and more.
*To get on the mailing list and more information email: Blackageofcomics@ecbacc.com


Other guests include Kyle Baker, Taimak (Berry Gordy's “The Last Dragon”), Bern Nadette Stanis (Thelma on “Good Times”), L.A. Banks (Vampire Huntress series), Jerry Craft (Mama's Boyz), Alex Simmons (Black Jack), William Foster (Finally in Full Color) Mshindo Kuumba I. (Illustrator).

As usual, I'll sign anything of mine you bring me. I'll probably also bring some overstock comics to sell. Any interest in autographed Milestone, Static Shock or Justice League scripts for, say, five bucks a pop?