Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm at Comic-Con International, July 23-27

I'm mostly there just to buy comics (I'm looking at you, Howard The Duck Omnibus) and gawk at celebrities, but I am making a few scheduled appearances and I hope to get a chance to meet a lot of you in the flesh, for a change. Also, with a little luck,sometime this weekend we'll be making a MAJOR announcement about my comics work (the lawyers are frantically lawyering away to get the contracts ready to sign in time for San Diego). If that happens, we'll have a LOT to talk about.

FRIDAY, JULY 25

ANTIDOTE TRUST SIGNING
2-3 PM in BOOTH #828
I'll be signing comics, DVDs, videogames and used napkins at the always friendly, always cool Antidote Trust booth. The Antidote Trust is a collective of independent comic creators, all of whom do good work, so while you're there chatting with me, make sure you also check out some of the stuff on sale there. As usual, I'll sign whatever you bring. We're also planning to have a few copies of my comics available for purchase at the booth, just in case you forget to bring your own and can't find anything suitable at the show.

SATURDAY, JULY 26
BEN 10 ALIEN FORCE AND THE SECRET SATURDAYS SNEEK PEEK
10:15-11:15 AM in ROOM 6A
Join über-cartoon-creator-genius Glen Murakami and his crew as they discuss their hit new Cartoon Network show Ben 10: Alien Force. It’s your chance to get the inside story on all the new alien heroes—and, of course, all the bad guys! Accompanying Glen are story editor Dwayne McDuffie and voice talents Yuri Lowenthal (Ben), Ashley Johnson (Gwen), Greg Cipes (Kevin), and Dee Bradley Baker (Aliens). And that’s just half the excitement! Jay Stephens will also be on hand to talk about his mysterious and cool new show The Secret Saturdays.

ANTIDOTE TRUST SIGNING
3-4 PM in BOOTH #828
I'm back for a second round of signing, in a desperate attempt to unload all the comics I thought I'd sell on Friday. Hope to see you there.

ADDENDUM
Unfortunately, due to a scheduling conflict, I WON'T be on THE BLACK PANEL '08, featuring Method Man (The Wu Tang Clan), Reggie Hudlin (president, B.E.T.), Denys Cowan (B.E.T. Animation, “The Origin of the Joker”), Rusty Cundieff (director, Chappelle’s Show, Fear of a Black Hat) John Dokes (Marvel Comics), and Faith Cheltenham (Tor.com). Hosted by Michael Davis, so you won't even miss me.